In this article lets see How to start a Career in Artificial Intelligence?
What Does an AI Professional Do?
Since artificial intelligence is an increasingly widespread and growing form of technology, professionals who specialize in AI are needed now more than ever. The good news is that the AI professional field is full of different career opportunities, which means you can take on different roles and responsibilities depending upon the position, your experience and your interests.
What are the Applications of AI?
- Healthcare: Proper diagnosis and treatment are facilitated by introducing AI in healthcare.
- Education: A suitable learning environment is furnished to the students by utilizing AI.
- Sports: With advanced AI technologies, athletes can expand their capabilities.
- Agriculture: Maximum yield is possible by AI as it helps in developing the perfect farming environment.
- Construction: Buildings can be constructed more safely and efficiently by the incorporation of AI.
- Banking: Chat-bot assistance, fraud detection, and enhanced payment methods are some of the positive outcomes of AI.
- Marketing: The sales target can be effectively achieved by making use of predictive intelligence along with machine learning.
- E-commerce: Effective warehouse operations, good product recommendations, and fraud prevention are some of the fruits of AI.
What are the skills needed to become AI Professionals?
If you’re looking to enter the professional world of AI, it’s important to make sure you have the right skills, which will set you apart from other candidates and help you land the perfect position. First, competencies with calculus and linear algebra are extremely important.
Also, if you’re interested in AI, you should have some knowledge and experience in at least one of the following programming languages:
- Communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with Python specifically (in general, proficiency in programming language)
- Digital marketing goals and strategies
- Collaborating effectively with others
- Analytical skills
What are the additional skills needed for AI professionals?
- Solid knowledge of applied mathematics and algorithms
- Problem-solving skills
- Industry knowledge
- Management and leadership skills
- Machine learning
Steps towards a Career in Artificial Intelligence
- If you aren’t already in the industry, the first step is to conduct research, which includes talking to current AI professionals and researching reputable colleges and programs., Hiring managers will probably require you to hold at least a bachelor’s degree in math and basic computer technology (but in many cases, a bachelor’s degree will only qualify you for entry-level positions).
- Undergraduate degrees in computer science or engineering are a good starting point, but a master’s degree in artificial intelligence can provide experience and knowledge from industry experts that can help you secure a position and set you apart from other candidates.
- Those interested in pursuing a master’s in artificial intelligence should have a strong foundation of knowledge and experience consisting of a combination of math, science, computer and data proficiency.
What is the scope for Artificial Intelligence?
- According to the Gartner report of 2019, there has been a 270% growth in the applications of AI from 2015 – 2019. Thus, the importance of AI is bound to climb high in the future. AI career opportunities are drastically reaching great heights.
- If you want to switch to AI, you should not hesitate and try your hands on it. Moreover, roles associated with AI also pay quite high.
- The job outlook for AI professionals is extremely promising, with ZipRecruiter predicting the industry to “grow explosively as it becomes capable of accomplishing more tasks.”
Career Paths in Artificial Intelligence
The list below includes jobs in AI but also some positions that work closely with those in AI roles.
1. Data Analytics
Finding meaningful patterns in data by looking at the past to help make predictions about the future.
2. User Experience
- Work with products to help customers understand their function and can use them easily.
- Understand how people use equipment and how computer scientists can apply that understanding to produce more advanced software.
3. Natural Language Processing
- Virtual assistants
- Computer science and AI research.
- Discover ways to advance AI technology.
5. Research Scientist
- Expert in applied math, machine learning, deep learning, and computational stats.
- Expected to have an advanced degree in computer science or an advanced degree in a related field supported by experience.
6. Software Engineer
- Develop programs on which AI tools function.
7. AI Engineer
- Build AI models from scratch and help product managers and stakeholders understand results.
8. Data Mining and Analysis
- Finding anomalies, patterns, etc. within large data sets to predict outcomes.
9. Machine Learning Engineer
- Using data to design, build, and manage ML software applications.
10. Data Scientist
- Collect, analyze, and interpret datasets.
11. Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
- Analyze complex data sets to identify business and market trends.
12. Big Data Engineer/Architect
- Develop systems that allow businesses to communicate and collate data.
What are the Companies Currently Hiring AI Positions?
- Walmart – Data Scientist
- Amazon – Research Scientist
- Nike – Lead Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Engineer
- IBM – Conversational Artificial Intelligence Engineer
- Samsung Electronics America – Machine Learning Engineer
- Warner Bros. Entertainment – Data Scientist
- Fidelity Investments – Data Scientist
- PepsiCo – ML Engineer
In general, tech companies (both software and hardware) dominate the list of companies that are hiring AI professionals. Glassdoor lists the following top companies to keep an eye on:
- Wells Fargo
- Rakuten Marketing
- MoTek Technologies
- PCO Innovation
A career in AI is highly rewarding and there is a huge scope in the future. So, choose a right course in AI from reputed institute and learn the industry recognized courses with practical knowledge.
LIKE WHAT YOU’RE READING?
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR OTHER GREAT CONTENT HERE
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (AI) – A BEGINNER’S GUIDE
- WHAT IS MACHINE LEARNING?
- DATA SCIENCE – THE ULTIMATE GUIDE
- MERCHANT NAVY – THE ULTIMATE GUIDE
- HOW AI IS USED IN DIGITAL MARKETING?
- TOP 5 BEST SEO TOOLS(2022)