Technology is the application of knowledge for achieving practical goals in a reproducible way. In this article let’s see what is the Definition for Technology in detail.
What is the Technology?
Technology is tools, instruments, machines, systems, processes, and environments developed by humans to live in and manage our natural environment.
Technology consists of two primary components:
1) a physical component which comprises of items such as products, tooling, equipment’s, blueprints, techniques, and processes.
2) the informational component which consists of know-how in management, marketing, production, quality control, reliability, skilled labor and functional areas.
What is the Definition for Technology?
When people think of “technology,” they tend to think of human artifacts such as machines, electronic devices, scientific hardware, or industrial manufacturing systems. However, a formal definition (College Dictionary) of technology indicates that it has a more general meaning which includes any “practical application of knowledge” or “manner of accomplishing a task”. Let’s see the Definition of Technology in different aspects.
The Definition of Technology
- The practical application of knowledge especially in a particular area
- A manner of accomplishing a task especially using technical processes, methods, or knowledge…
- The specialized aspects of a particular field of endeavor Human’s use of technology involves not only machines (e.g., computer hardware) and instruments, but also includes structured relations with other humans, machines, and the environment.
- In short, technology is more than a collection of machines and devices. To go beyond simplistic intuitions about technology requires investigation of the human mind and socio-cultural environment as well as interactions with technological artifacts
Sciences – Mothers of Technology
In contrast with its Greek origins, early modern science was experimental. In the context of early modern science, an experiment:
- used technological tools, and
- was performed in a situation in which the natural phenomenon was controlled or put under certain constraints.
Machines- Mothers of Modern Culture
- The strong connection between machines and technology reflects the fact that without machines, normal/everyday connotations of the word “technical” would not exist.
- For example, people are likely to include knowledge and skills connected with the use of machines that control fire in their concept of technology.
What is the Technology definition in different ways
- Mechanisms for distributing messages, including postal systems, radio and television broadcasting companies, telephone, and satellite and computer networks.
- The application of knowledge to meet the goals, goods, and services desired by people.
- The application of scientific advances to benefit humanity.
- The set of tools, both hardware (physical) and software, that help us act and think better. Technology includes all the objects from pencil and paper to the latest electronic gadget.
- Human innovation in action that involves the generation of knowledge and processes to develop systems that solve problems and extend human capabilities; the innovation, change, or modification of the natural environment to satisfy perceived human needs and wants.
- A piece of equipment or a technique for performing a particular activity.
- The techniques used to produce artifacts.
- The application of science to increase or promote well-being within the healthcare system.
- The means by which human societies interact directly with and adapt to the environment.
LIKE WHAT YOU’RE READING?
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR OTHER GREAT CONTENT HERE
- THE ART OF PUBLIC SPEAKING (STEP BY STEP GUIDE)
- LEARN PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS
- LEARN THE ART OF LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- LEARN THE ART OF NEGOTIATION
- Role of Technology in the Education
- Usage of Technology in Education
- Technology Impact in Education
- Importance of Technology on Education
- Technology Impact on Jobs – Explained