The Role of technology in education is immense. The learning process for the students becomes easier as the technology progresses. Technology, today, plays a very important role in our life. It is seen as a basis of growth of an economy. An economy which is poor in technology can never grow in today’s scenario. This is because technology makes our work much easier and less time consuming. The impact of technology can be felt in every possible field one such field is Education. Lets see the Role of Technology in the Education in detail.
Need for Technology in the Education:
- It will help students to prepare for their future careers, which will include the use of wireless technology.
- The integration of technology into the classroom is a great way to reach the diversity in learning styles.
- It gives students the chance to interact with their classmates more by encouraging collaboration.
- Technology helps the teachers to prepare students for the real world environment.
- Integrating technology in education helps students to take interested in learning as they are excited about being able to use technology and therefore are more apt to learn.
- Mobile technology is available in the classroom; students are able to access the most up to date information quicker and easier than ever before.
- The traditional passive learning mold is broken with technology in the classroom the teacher becomes the encourager, adviser, and the coach.
- Students can have access to digital textbooks that are constantly updated
Technology in the Education
- Modern technology in education According to the latest insights as to how exactly modern students of today prefer to use technology and how does their learning get an impact if they use technology, it was revealed that the use of modern equipment technology and tools, the learning and interactivity of students increases.
- They also find it much more interactive, as well as full of interesting areas, when aided by technology. The transfer of knowledge becomes very easy and convenient, as well as effective. What this means is, that our minds now tend to work faster when assisted with the use of modern technology, be it any part of life, here we talk about education. The reliance and dependence of such an innovation, that simply makes life an easy, smooth journey is completely unavoidable these days even in schools, universities and colleges.
Students today can make use of technology in the following ways:
Internet connection and round the clock connectivity
- The internet has grown in importance by many folds, over the process of decade. Its importance in the education world can now never be undermined. Despite the chances of fraud and drawbacks, the use of the internet is like a blessing for students.
- Today, the internet is something that is present in almost everything we use. From television to gaming consoles, and our phones, the internet is literally everywhere. The use of the internet allows students to find amazing convenience, they can find various kinds of help, tutorials and other kinds of assisting material which could be used to academically improve and enhance their learning.
Role as Facilitator
- Technology plays the role of facilitator in educating the students and it has increased the accessibility. Illness, taking a full time job can no longer be a roadblock for education, because technology has extended the way people get educated.
- Students can pick and choose what medium they prefer to learn content and maximize the study time. Nowadays classrooms look and operate considerably different to the classrooms of a decade ago.
Example of Technology in the Education
- Today classroom houses various technology from IFPDs (Interactive flat panel displays to laptop & Smartphone’s, all connected via Bluetooth and WIFI and also supported by many cloud based applications.
- Students have become more independent in the classroom because of the technological support. In the current scenario technology is not an added advantage it has become one of the basic requirement. Technology influence students learning via Communication, Convenience & Control
Advantages of Technology in the Education
- It makes students more excited to learn.
- Help students with busy schedules, freedom to work at home on their own time. v Train students to learn new technology skills they can use later in the work place.
- Decrease paper and also photocopying costs, promoting concept of “green revolution”.
Disadvantages of Technology in the Education
- Many experts and experienced people say that, due to such technology in education, students imagination is affected, their thinking ability is reduced.
- Sometime it’s also time-consuming from teacher’s point of view.
- It is costly to install such technology.
- There can be health issues too when used over limit and also Some students can’t afford modern computer technologies.
LIKE WHAT YOU’RE READING?
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR OTHER GREAT CONTENT HERE
- LEARN PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS
- LEARN THE ART OF LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- LEARN THE ART OF NEGOTIATION
- Usage of Technology in Education
- Importance of Technology on Education
- Technology Impact in Education
- Technology Impact on Jobs – Explained
- WHAT IS THE DEFINITION FOR TECHNOLOGY? EXPLAINED