Introduction – Marketing Manager Roles and Responsibilities
Marketing managers play a crucial role in helping a business to promote and sell its products to its customers. In this article lets see the Marketing Manager Roles and Responsibilities and also the Attributes & Skills of Marketing Manager
Marketing as a Management Function
- Marketing is a managerial process i.e., marketing is a special area in management hence all management functions are applicable in marketing, e.g., planning, control, directing, organizing, staffing, motivation, etc.
- The purpose of marketing is to create and keep customers. For a company to succeed it must be committed to meeting customer needs more efficiently and effectively than competitors To do this, the company must continuously monitor the marketing environment and respond to changes in customer needs, tastes, and behaviour.
- It is the process of planning and executing the conception, pricing, promotion, and distribution of ideas, goods and services to create beneficial exchanges that satisfy individual and organizational needs and objectives
Must Read : IMPACT OF MARKETING ON SOCIETY
Marketing Manager Functions
Functions of a Marketing Manager:
The following are 4 key functions of a marketing manager:
Marketing analysis involves examining the company’s market and marketing environment to find attractive opportunities.
Marketing planning involves setting marketing objectives and deciding on the marketing strategies to achieve the objectives.
Implementation is putting the plans into action. It involves day-to-day activities that translate the plan to work.
Marketing control is essential because surprises may occur during implementation. Control is the process of measuring and evaluating the results of marketing strategies and taking corrective action to ensure that objectives are attained.
Must Read: MEANING OF MARKETING SEGMENTATION
What Does Marketing Manager Do
A marketing manager should perform several tasks including the following;
- Conduct marketing research to generate information on consumers and products.
- Study Competitors products and market trends
- Monitor and estimate future demand for products.
- Develop new products and services through marketing research, customer feedback and other sources of information.
- Identify and implement promotion strategies to attract customers.
- Prepare marketing plans, budgets and schedules.
- Decide on price and price offers to customers.
- Monitor customer satisfaction over time.
Must Read: THE ROLE OF MARKETING IN STRATEGIC PLANNING
Marketing Manager Roles and Responsibilities
The following are the Marketing Manager Roles and Responsibilities:
- Role of a marketing manager is to oversee all marketing campaigns for their company or department
- Implement strategy
- Promote a business, product, or service
- Ensure the company is communicating the right messaging to attract prospective customers and retain existing ones
- Organize promotional events at trade shows and other venues, coordinating with our staff to ensure prompt delivery of materials and merchandise
- Hire and train a team of marketing associates to coordinate events and conduct outside sales
- Identify weaknesses in existing marketing campaigns and develop pragmatic solutions within budgetary constraints
- Communicate with senior management about marketing initiatives and project metrics, as well as to brainstorm fresh strategies
- Represent the marketing team to cross-functional groups including product management, sales, or customer support
- Updating senior leadership on the progress of marketing activities and reporting on the results of campaigns
Personal Attributes & Skills of Marketing Manager:
The following are some personal attributes and skills needed to become a successful Marketing Manager
- Have a positive, proactive ‘can do’ attitude
- Have personal and professional credibility
- Be confident, dynamic and creative
- Have experience in working to tight deadlines
- Have an ability to prioritize and a high attention for detail
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Have excellent organization skills
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Be a team player and willing to step outside the role when required
LIKE WHAT YOU’RE READING?
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR OTHER GREAT CONTENT HERE:
- UNDERSTANDING DIGITAL MARKETING
- DEFINITION OF MARKETING MANAGEMENT
- 12 LATEST STRATEGIES FOR MARKETING A PRODUCT
- WHAT IS AFFILIATE MARKETING? (HOW TO GET STARTED)
- PERFORMANCE MARKETING – A BEGINNER’S GUIDE
- EFFECTIVE BRANDING METHODS
- UNDERSTANDING CONSUMER BEHAVIOR
- HOW TO INCREASE SALES?
- HOW AI IS USED IN DIGITAL MARKETING?
- 5 BEST SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS FOR BUSINESS IN 2022
- WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF ECOMMERCE
- ROLE OF SOCIAL MEDIA IN MARKETING
- WHAT IS ZERO-BASED BUDGETING
- DECODING DIRECT MARKETING WITH EXAMPLES
- 5 BEST TOOLS FOR DIRECT MARKETING WITH ADVANTAGES IN DETAIL
- 5 BEST MARKETING STRATEGY IN PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE FOR 2023
- 8 STRATEGIES OF RETAIL MARKETING TO DRIVE SALES
- WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF MARKETING IN A BUSINESS?
- DEFINITION OF B2C MARKETING WITH EXAMPLE