The Role of Technology in education is more. Let’s see the Technology Impact in Education both in positive and also negative way.
Technology Impact in Education Positively
Positive impact: The following are Technology Impact in Education in Positive way
Enhanced Teaching and Learning:
- Technological developments like digital cameras, projectors, mind training software, computers, Power point presentations, 3D visualization tools; all these have become great sources for teachers to help students grasp a concept easily.
- It has to be understood that visual explanation of concepts makes learning fun and enjoyable for students. They’re able to participate more in the classroom and even teachers get a chance to make their classes more interactive and also interesting.
- When school in different parts of the state, students can “meet” their counterparts through video conferencing without leaving the classroom.
- Some sites, such as www.glovico.com are used to help students learn foreign languages online by pairing a group of students with a teacher from another country.
No Geographical Limitations:
- With the introduction of online degree programs there is hardly any need of being present physically in the classroom.
- Even several foreign universities have started online degree courses that student can join.
- Distance learning and online education have become very important part of the education system now a day.
Technology Impact in Education Negatively
Negative impact: The following are Technology Impact in Education in negative way.
Declining Writing Skills:
- Due to the excessive usage of online chatting and shortcuts, the writing skills of today’s young generation have declined quite tremendously.
- These days, children are relying more and more on digital communication that they have totally forgot about improving their writing skills.
- They don’t know the spelling of different words, how to use grammar properly or how to do cursive writing.
Increasing Incidents of Cheating:
- Technological developments like graphical calculators, high tech watches, mini cameras and also similar equipment have become great sources to cheat in exams.
- It is easier for students to write formulas and also notes on graphing calculators, with least chances of being caught.
Lack of Focus:
- SMS or text messaging has become a favorite pastime of many students. Students are seen playing with their cell phone, iPhones day and night or driving and also very often even between lectures.
- Being ever-connected to the online world has resulted in lack of focus and concentration in academics and also to some extent, even in sports and extracurricular activities.
Factors affecting Technology in the Education
- The modern technologies are demanding that teachers learn how to use these technologies in their teaching.
- Hence these new technologies increase the teachers’ training needs. teacher’s attitudes toward computers are a key factor in the successful implementation of ICT in education.
- They pointed out that teachers do not always have positive attitudes towards computers and also their poor attitudes may lead to a failure of the computer- based projects. Also, the most cited barriers are: lack of time; lack of access; lack of resources; lack of expertise and lack of support.
LIKE WHAT YOU’RE READING?
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR OTHER GREAT CONTENT HERE
- THE ART OF PUBLIC SPEAKING (STEP BY STEP GUIDE)
- LEARN PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS
- LEARN THE ART OF LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- LEARN THE ART OF NEGOTIATION
- Role of Technology in the Education
- Usage of Technology in Education
- Importance of Technology on Education
- Technology Impact on Jobs – Explained
- WHAT IS THE DEFINITION FOR TECHNOLOGY? EXPLAINED